2. Legal processing of personal data
3. What is the Processing of Personal Data
According to General European Regulation 679/2016, processing of personal data is, any act or series of transactions carried out with or without the use of automated means, on personal data, such as collection, registration, organization, structure, storage , the adaptation or alteration, retrieval, retrieval of information, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of disposal, correlation or combination, restriction, deletion or destruction of such data.
4. Personal data being processed
The HOTEL collects and processes Personal Data, either information related to a natural person who is or can be sorted from this information, regardless of whether the identification can be done directly or indirectly. The processing of this data means any work performed in relation to this data, whether automated or not. Personal Data includes, for example, information such as name, home address, e-mail address or telephone number.
For the specific purposes of processing Personal Data, either for information on products, services, promotions, offers, events and competitions, via email, brochures, newsletter, sms, telephone and other electronic means, as well as for research and statistical purposes, the HOTEL may collect and process, as an indication, the following information:
• Name Gender and date of birth
• Contact details (home address, postal code, contact telephone, email address)
• Other personal information (ID or Passport Number).
• Information contained in any of your communication with us via e-mail or through the website including communication content and metadata.
In case you choose not to provide us with any of your personal information, this may affect some of our transactions.
5. What is the purpose of processing your personal data
When you request a room in our Hotel, we collect, process and use the personal data and information you provide to us within the framework of applicable data protection legislation. The information we request from you, in order to enable the provision of the services you need, are marked as mandatory fields. Other information is optional. For the conclusion and execution of the booking is to confirm yourself upon arrival.
During the payment process, we do not record or store payment information in this transaction, such as credit card numbers or other bank and other information. You provide this information directly and exclusively to the respective payment banking service provider. The processing of your personal data is done mainly for the smooth execution of your contractual relations with us or third parties (cooperating companies). The HOTEL also stores and uses personal data and technical information, to the extent that this is necessary to prevent and deal with any malicious use or other illegal behavior on our website, e.g. to maintain data security in the event of cyber-attacks against our computer systems. Finally, we store and use your data, to the extent that we are legally obliged to do so, for example in the light of a formal directive or a judicial or other decision of the Authorities, as well as to safeguard our rights and claims, and to cases of defense of the HOTEL before the Courts, regular or arbitration or before a Mediation body.
6. What is the legal basis for processing your data
The processing of your data is carried out on a case by case basis and depending on the purpose of the processing. Specifically, it is performed according to:
• The fulfillment of the conditions for the execution of contractual obligations
• Your unconditional consent, where required
• The current legal and regulatory framework
• The legal interests of our business
• Other legal purpose
7. Data security
8. What is the retention time of your personal data
9.1. What are cookies?
There are different types of cookies that fall into the following categories:
• Session cookies: are automatically deleted at the end of each visit.
• Permanent cookies: remain during many visits to the website.
• Third-party cookies (3rd-party cookies): used by affiliate or non-affiliate websites that are integrated within our website or to which we connect.
9.2.1. Session cookies
These cookies allow the visitor to use the functions of the website, such as the reminder of a recurring domain element in a browsing session. In addition, they help reduce the need for information transfer across the Internet. They are not stored on the computer and expire when you pause browsing.
9.2.2. Permanent cookies
Permanent cookies are used to identify new visitors to the website. These cookies consist of specific browsing information, such as how the visitor got to the website, the internal pages visited and the choices made.
9.2.3.Cookies of third parties
9.3. Cookies Management Enable or disable cookies
If you do not know the type and version of browser you are using to access the web, click Help at the top of the browser window, and then click About. The relevant information you want will then be displayed.
9.4. More information
For further information on cookies, we suggest you visit the following addresses:
10. Link to other websites
The HOTEL website may contain “hyperlinks” or banners to third party websites. The HOTEL is in no way responsible for the practices and data protection measures regarding the external websites to which you can access through these links, nor can it control them. Please be informed about the protection of your data on these external websites.
11. Consent and rights of a personal data subject
By choosing to agree and consent to the processing of the Personal Data concerning you, you give your consent to the processing of the data for the above specific purposes by our HOTEL. You can revoke your consent at any time, as well as exercise any of your rights.
Your rights, as “data subjects”, are in particular the following:
• The right to information. The company provides you with transparency on how it processes and handles your personal data. You can contact us to answer your questions.
• The right of access. You are allowed, at any time, to access your personal data so that you know and check the legality of the processing. The information will be provided without delay and no later than one (1) month from the receipt of your relevant request.
• The right of correction. You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete data.
• The right to delete. You can request the deletion or removal of your personal data, as long as there is no serious reason to continue processing them.
• The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data in the following cases: (a) when you dispute the accuracy of your personal data and until it is verified, (b) when you do not wish to have your personal data deleted restricting their use, (c) when your personal data is not used for processing purposes, but is necessary to establish, exercise and support legal claims, and (d) when you object to the processing and until it is verified that there are legitimate reasons which concern us and prevail over the reasons why you oppose the processing.
• The right to transfer data. This allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes in various services.
• The right to withdraw consent and objection. You have the right to revoke your prior consent, without prejudice to the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before revoking it and to object to (a) processing based on legitimate interests or fulfilling a duty in the public interest / exercise of public authority. b) direct marketing and c) processing for the purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics.
• Rights regarding automated decision making and profiling. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, you must contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Recourse to the Data Protection Authority
In case you do not receive a timely response or you are not satisfied with the response of our HOTEL, you have the right to file a complaint to the Personal Data Protection Authority. This can be done at the address www.dpa.gr, by phone at + 30-210 6475600, or in writing at: Kifissia Personal Data Protection Authority no. 1-3, PC 115 23, Athens (or wherever else the Authority is located).
• By email: email@example.com
• By visiting this page on our website: www.australia-crete.com
• By phone number: +302810260669